[Oslc-Automation] Regrets and transition plan details (was: Meeting 17th July)

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 17 08:44:29 EDT 2014

Regrets from me today.

I would like to have this WG discuss its end-of-life plan.  We have the
OASIS OSLC Automation TC up and operational.   We need to move spec
development to that TC and be sure we have clear understanding of how that
happens.  Then this WG can transition to being solely in maintenance mode
of the finalized specs it already has published.

Note: It is possible in the OASIS TCs to create "draft" specifications and
park them awaiting some additional validation and feedback (just like we
do at open-services.net).  Just need to be clear within the work the TC
does and within the draft specification that is what is going on.

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/AutomationMeetings20140717/

> Issues
> Automation Specification Version 2.0 Issues
> None open
> Automation Specification Version 2.1 Issues
> 1 new - missing futureAction predicate in vocabulary changes appendix.
> Automation Specification 2.1 Feedback
> Main agenda items:
> Review 12 June minutes
> Review 26 June minutes
> Automation 2.1 & Actions
> Action metadata at resource type/shape level (Scroll down for initial
email).
> “Availability”
> Discuss: Make AvailabilityCondition as own type or part of
AvailabilityResource?
> Discuss: compoundState - replace with/ additionally introduce
> consistentState with type boolean (need to ask Jürgen)?
> Discuss: rto, mttr, mttf - use integer instead of ems:Measure (much more

> simple)? Remove completely?
> Discuss: SLA not required for scenarios. Is it obvious that it will be
> required by most implementors of the spec? Or remove it?
> Question/ Discuss: Make Redundandy{Group, Member} subclass of
Availability
http://open-services.net/ns/availability