[Oslc-Automation] Isues in Automation 2.1 draft: oslc_auto:futureAction is not defined

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Wed Jul 16 05:29:38 EDT 2014

The  oslc_auto:futureAction predicate should be included in the "changes"
appendix, with the description that will accompany it in the vocabulary
document.

I have raised issue number 1 on this page for it:
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/Automation-Specification-Version-2.1-Issues

And I propose to fix it by adding the following to the changes appendix

oslc_auto:futureAction:
A: rdfs:Property
executable on this resource, but may be executable in the future and/or on
other resources. The type of the resource on which this predicate is used
determines when, and on which resource(s), the executable form of the
action is available. For example, in OSLC Automation this is expected to
link from an oslc_auto:AutomationPlan to an oslc:Action resource with zero
bindings (as it is not executable), with the meaning that the executable
form of the action may be available on oslc_auto:AutomationResult
resources generated by that Automation Plan."

Please let me know if you have any objections or suggested improvements to
this.

Martin Pain
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel
OASIS Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration - Automation technical
committee chair

E-mail: martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Find me on:  and within IBM on:

IBM United Kingdom Limited