[Oslc-Automation] OSLC Automation WG meeting 21st Aug - Minutes

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Fri Aug 22 12:12:18 EDT 2014

The minutes are here:
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/AutomationMeetings20140821/#Minutes

I have tidied them up a little bit from the chat transcript, so it might
be worth having a quick check for those of you who were there - especially
at the end.

# Minutes #

## Attendance

Tim Fressinger, Steve Speicher, John Arwe, Ian Green, Martin Pain

## Resolutions passed

- Approved minutes of meeting on 2014-08-14
- Ian.II.4.1 - Remove normative rendering, leave the text a plain English
(non-normative) comment. Add a normative text to the same effect in the
"Re-use by domain specifications" section.
- Ian.II.5.1 - Change the phrase "currently available" to "available at
time response was created".
- Ian.II.6.1 - Resolve with changing "Interaction patterns' final status"
title to "Final status of execution".
- Ian.II.6.2 - Resolved as proposed by Ian.
- Ian.II.6.3 - Resolved by replacing with "the pattern's recognition rule"
(singular)
- Resolved that the "don't cherry pick" discussion we had last time was
not limited to http:Requests, it's all the bindings' subsidiary requests
as well.
- Ian.II.6.5 - Resolved as proposed by Ian.
- Ian.II.6.6 - Resolved by adding non-informative note as proposed by
Martin.
- Ian.II.7.3 - Proposal 7.3: Resolved by change formatting of text to
match other non-normative notes.
- Resolved with no change: Ian.II.4.2, Ian.II.6.5, Ian.II.7.1, Ian.II.7.2

## Minutes

Review Meeting Minutes 2014/08/14:
Approved. No objections.
(Agenda for this meeting to be corrected to contain correct link).

Main agenda
Automation 2.1 & Actions

Proposal to remove normative test from section mentioned in comment 4.1.
And to add a comment with equivalent effect to section "re-use by domain
specifications".
 No objections - proposal passed

Proposal 4.2 resolved with no change

On the 4.1 case, I think we also agreed to de-normative the rendering in
the spec to clarify that those stmts are not about "compliance" with
Actions, they're best practices.

Proposal 5.1 change the word "currently available" to "available at time
response was created" (or words to that effect, appropriate to the
context)

Proposal 6.1: Resolve with replacing to "Final status of execution"

Proposal 6.2: Resolved as proposed by Ian

Proposal 6.3: Resolved by replacing with "the pattern's recognition rule"
(singular).

Also resolved by discussion back about multiple values (cherry-picking
discussion) applies to all interaction patterns.
In other words, the "don't cherry pick" discussion we had last time was
not limited to http:Requests, it's all the bindings' subsidiary requests
as well

Proposal 6.4: Resolved without change.

Proposal 6.5: Resolved as proposed by Ian.

Proposal 6.6: Resolved by adding non-informative note as proposed by
Martin.

Proposal 7.1: Resolved without change.

Proposal 7.2: Resolved without change.

Steve Speicher left

Proposal 7.3: Resolved by change formatting of text (remove red color) to
match other non-normative notes

Other Proposals to be discussed on next meeting.

Availability: Move to OASIS, review of latest spec draft when move is
done.

Availability: Will only introduce one new type of action, which will be a
state transition action (in the sense of a finite state machine),
identifying that the target state is on each action through both a
predicate and the human-readable title. (This is mentioned here because of
the similarity with other intended uses of Actions, in case we want to
have a general solution. No interest was expressed in a general solution
at this time.)

Next meeting: Next week (2014/08/28)