[Oslc-Automation] This week's meeting - minutes

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Thu Apr 17 11:41:48 EDT 2014

Minutes from this week's meeting:

- Availability
    - Use word doc until we need to move to wiki (if ever)
    - Upload of initial draft before 24th April (Umberto to chair)
    - High-level discussion of structure at meeting on 24th April
    - More detailed discussion, on 8th or 15th May.
- Juergen & Tim left (no longer have a quorum, but continued to discuss
the agenda items)
- Issues
    - 12 & 13 fixes agreed
- Actions
    - Already clear distinction between success of immediate vs deferred
Automation Request dialogs.
    - Automation Request immediate-execution dialogs as action bindings?
        - No scenarios requiring them, so MP doesn't want to give himself
more work by putting them in now. UC says he wouldn't be opposed to adding
it, but wouldn't say it's needed either.
        - Would be good to emphasis in the ActionDialog pattern why it is
different though:
            - Normative sentence saying provider SHOULD wait for action to
complete
            - Non-normative note saying intended for short-running
actions.
            - Non-normative note (or clarification of final sentence)
saying that instead of returning a URI like a creation or selection dialog
does, this dialog returns a verdict (or status) of the action's execution.

Martin Pain
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel
Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration - Automation WG joint chair

E-mail: martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Find me on:  and within IBM on:

IBM United Kingdom Limited

http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/AutomationMeetings20140417/

> * Issues
>    * [[Automation Specification Version 2.0 Issues]]
>       * [POST-FINALIZATION-12](http://open-services.net/wiki/
> automation/Automation-Specification-Version-2.0-Issues/#Issues-
> after-V2-Finalization)
>       * [POST-FINALIZATION-13](http://open-services.net/wiki/
> automation/Automation-Specification-Version-2.0-Issues/#Issues-
> after-V2-Finalization)
>       * [POST-FINALIZATION-14](http://open-services.net/wiki/
> automation/Automation-Specification-Version-2.0-Issues/#Issues-
> after-V2-Finalization)
> * Main agenda items:
>     - Review [10 April minutes](http://open-services.net/wiki/
> automation/AutomationMeetings20140410/)
>     - Automation 2.1 discussion
>         + Review request sent to OSLC Core WG for both Actions 2.0
> and Automation 2.1 specs
>         + oslc:desiredResult renamed to oslc:finalStatusLocation
>         + Remove oslc:finalStatusLocation from deferred execution
> dialog interaction pattern? Where & how should we make explicit the
> difference between a successful execution of a regular
> AutomationRequest dialog, and the successful completion of the
> congfiguration stage of the deferred execution dialog actions
> interaction pattern?
>         + Do these interactions patterns allow a dialog that creates
> an Automation Request that is immediately eligible for execution? Do
> we need one?
>     - "Availability"
>         + Start on specification work
>     - Workgroup business
>         + Next meeting 24th April? (Martin cannot attend)
>     - AOB

> Martin Pain
> Software Developer - Green Hat
> Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel
> Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration - Automation WG joint chair
>
> E-mail: martinpain at uk.ibm.com
> Find me on: [image removed]  and within IBM on: [image removed]
>
> [image removed]

> IBM United Kingdom Limited
> Registered in England and Wales with number 741598
> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU
> Unless stated otherwise above:
> number 741598.
3AU