[Oslc-Automation] Final changes (hopefully) for Actions spec: desiredResult -> finalStatusLocation

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Wed Apr 16 10:00:06 EDT 2014

I think we need to remove the oslc:finalStatusLocation from the Deferred
Execution Dialog Interaction Pattern [1] recognition rule, as it's not
correct. The final status location (status of the desired result) is not
the result of the dialog, but of the subsequent immediate-execution
binding.

I think that's implied by oslc:usage oslc_auto:DeferredExecution (I can't
think of a deferred execution dialog that would indicate status any other
way), so I don't think we need a oslc:finalStatusLocation value at all,
although this would be the only one without one. We could set
oslc:finalStatusLocation oslc_auto:DeferredExecution to avoid inferring
something from an absence (i.e. if a deferred dialog had
oslc:finalStatusLocation set to any other value, what would that mean?
Would it mean you could only check the status in the location in
specified, or is that an alternative  to the ones specified in the
immediate-execution bindings?) But I'm starting to think that's overkill.

Could one other person (John? Umberto?) vote between these two options (or
suggest an alternative):
Option 1. To remove the oslc:finalStatusLocation property from the
Deferred Execution Dialog Interaction Pattern [1] recognition rule.
Option 2. To replace the oslc:finalStatusLocation value with
oslc_auto:DeferredExecution in the Deferred Execution Dialog Interaction
Pattern [1] recognition rule.

Thanks

[1]
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/OSLC-Automation-Specification-Version-2.1/#Template-Dialog-interaction-pattern

Martin Pain
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel
Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration - Automation WG joint chair

E-mail: martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Find me on:  and within IBM on:

IBM United Kingdom Limited

Actions spec:   desiredResult -> finalStatusLocation
Sent by:        "Oslc-Automation"
<oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net>

That warning is still intact.

E-mail: martinpain at uk.ibm.com