[Oslc-Automation] OSLC Automation: Current business & next meetings

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Fri Apr 4 09:26:02 EDT 2014

The work that we currently have in progress:

1. Automation 2.0:
An issue whose resolution we need to agree on: POST-FINALIZATION-12 [1]

Automation 2.1/Actions:
2. The proposal in my recent email, about explicitly identifying in the
RDF what means an interaction pattern uses to identify the result of the
action (so that future interaction patterns can be defined that use the
same means of constructing a message, but a different means of identifying
the success/failure status, and we have a way of distinguishing them in
the bindings' RDF).
See
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-automation_open-services.net/2014-April/000720.html
(2nd half)

3. Agreeing to proceed to convergence phase.
I think this will need to wait until we have item 2 drafted and agreed on.

4. Availability
The new scenarios are now up on the wiki [2] (thanks Juergen). Everyone,
please have a read of it.
a) We need to agree as the WG what the scope of the Available work is.
(Juergen & Tim have proposed the entirety of the scenarios that are
currently on the wiki).
b) In order to speed things along, Juergen & Tim (or anyone else) you
could start working on a proposed solution for how we address these in the
spec (but discussion of this might have to wait until we've agreed the
scope, but that should hopefully be at the next meeting).

Our regular meeting schedule would have us meet Thursday 10th April.
Neither Juergen nor myself will not be able to attend that meeting.
However, I suggest the rest of you meet to discuss the three items 1, 2,
and 4a. (Hopefully we can then vote on item 3 in the subsequent meeting).
(My views: I believe the change to :unavailable in item 1 would be
correct; John & I have discussed item 2 and I'd like us to proceed with
it; and I'm happy with accepting the scope of the Availability work to
those scenarios, subject to a single comment that I will make in a
separate email).

[1]
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/Automation-Specification-Version-2.0-Issues/#Issues-after-V2-Finalization
[2]