[Oslc-Automation] 2.0 issue: Resource formats inconsistency

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Fri May 17 01:42:34 EDT 2013

Under "resource formats" in the 2.0 spec, it says:
     "Automation Providers MUST provide RDF/XML representations. If
provided, the RDF/XML representation SHOULD..."
     "Automation Providers MAY provide XML and JSON representations. The
XML and JSON representations SHOULD..."

This is just nit-picking, but saying that RDF/XML representations MUST be
provided, the following word "if provided" are redundant. That would be
ok, except the next line that has a MAY statement then contains an almost
identical SHOULD but without an "if".

Each of these would be ok on their own (to me the "if" in the second
statement is adequately implied), but together they are inconsistent.

I suggest moving the "if" down one line:
     "Automation Providers MUST provide RDF/XML representations. The
RDF/XML representation SHOULD..."
     "Automation Providers MAY provide XML and JSON representations.  If
provided, the XML and JSON representations SHOULD..."

Martin