[Oslc-Automation] Complex automation tear down scenario for discussion

Michael F Fiedler fiedler at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 21 12:31:45 EDT 2013

In today's OSLC Automation workgroup there was some interesting discussion
around deployment environments created by the execution of multiple
automation plans orchestrated by a top-level/"master" plan.   When a
consumer is finished with the environment it can request tear down, but
what are the implications for the "sub-environments"?  We discussed an SAP
landscape, but I think a generic enterprise application illustrates the
issue as well:

- consumer requests deployment of the enterprise application environment
via a top-level automation plan.   The top-level plan in turn runs
automation plans to:
   - provision a virtual network
   - install and deploy a DB server
   - install and deploy an application server
   - install and configure an enterprise application and its DB

What is the correct behavior when the consumer indicates the environment is
no longer required?  Recursive tear down of any environments which have no
one registered as interested in them?

Regards,
Mike

Michael Fiedler