[Oslc-Automation] Reusing Cm's Actions for teardown/operations

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Fri Aug 30 08:25:18 EDT 2013

The problem that I see right now for AutomationPlan being an
implementation of an action is that the POST behaviour seems to be defined
on the predicate, not on the Action resource type. If we suggested they
move that so that the action predicate can in theory point to anything,
then on inspection of its target if it's an Action resource you can POST
to it, if it's an AutomationPlan (or our other intermediate resource) you
can submit a request. (And providers could multi-type it and support
both... but we're still getting into multiple ways of doing things.
Although you could look at the Action approach as a way of saying "you can
use the classic REST HTTP primatives")

However, for the case of Action resources, this would require either an
extra GET on the part of the client (unless they already needed to do that
to determine which one has the target state that they are interested in)
or for the Action resource to be included inline in the resources that
link to it.

Martin