[Oslc-Automation] Reusing Cm's Actions for teardown/operations

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 30 08:06:26 EDT 2013

> I don't like this "two ways of doing things"

Nor I; that's actually the EXACT reason I'm poking this with a pointy
stick.  Right now we DO have this case in general; Automation makes 2
(classic REST updates via HTTP primitives being the first).  I think they
each have cases they handle better than the alternative, but the
interaction models are so different I just cut to the chase and call them
incompatible (assuming one is talking about resources at the same level of
abstraction).

My intent is to construct an example where an Automation Plan is the
*implementation of* an Action, to show that is POSSIBLE not that it is
required.
I am working on a concrete example on the side; either I'll succeed so
we'll know it's possible, or I'll fail and (unless someone else sees a way
past whatever roadblocks I find) give up on it.