[Oslc-Automation] Complex automation tear down scenario for discussion

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Thu Apr 11 06:10:44 EDT 2013

My view of the current state of progress on the tear down (temporary
deployment)
scenarios is this:

There are three sub-scenarios:
* The main (single-client) "temporary deployment/tear down" scenario
* The multi-client usage of a deployed resource scenario.
* The composite deployment (e.g. orchestration automation plan) scenario.

The second and third of these scenarios could be considered completely
separate
scenarios, but if we are ever to support them then we would want the first

(teardown) scenario to work with them. Therefore it is important to
understand
how we would achieve the latter two to inform the decisions of the first
one.
(This is nothing new - I just wanted to take a step back to make sure
we're all
on the same page & have got the context right.)

So I think the blocking issues for the first scenario are:
* We need a better understanding of the composite deployment scenario to
  understand how it affects and is affected by the other two. (To this end
  will convert my scenario flow from last week's meeting into a diagram -
but I
  won't be able to get that done before the meeting today, so it'll have
to wait
  to next week.)
* We need to decide on the mechanism for registering use of/interest in a
  deployed resource (auto result), considering its interaction with the
teardown
  scenario.

There are complex interrelationships between these three scenarios.
I think the next step is to gain greater clarification on the composite
deployment scenario. I'll create my diagram, but others' input on what
this
scenario is to achieve is needed.

Once we've done that I'm not sure what the next step would be.

Martin