[Oslc-Automation] Agenda for 4th April meeting? Also, follow on from tear down scenarios

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Tue Apr 2 10:59:17 EDT 2013

Do we have an agenda for the 4th April meeting?

(The time's not particularly convenient for me this week, but I can make
it at a squeeze - depending on what ends up on the agenda.)

Following on from last week's discussion on temporary deployment & tear
down scenarios, something we need to follow up on is identifying the wider
scenarios and which ones we want to support.

Negligent clients (who do not deregister their interest when done). This
is partially addressed at the end of this scenario's page on the wiki.
Are there any further scenarios that could use a "Client" resource on the
service provider?
Scenarios using composed automation requests - where one request simply
kicks off other requests (possible on other providers).
This scenario could cause particular problems when a third party registers
interest in one of those "child" deployed resources, as then:
We don't want to tear down that particular resource when the parent one
finishes - we want to wait for the third party to finish.
We don't want to tear down any deployed resources that that particular one
depends on.
This leads us into: dependency modelling (using the Common IT Resource
Type Vocabulary), and the scenarios that would use it.
Also worth considering provider-to-provider relations, as we need to be
able to look up "dependsOn" relationships from other providers to the
resources in this provider. I believe that there is work in the core WG
about this sort of thing.

So something we could do is:
Identify scenarios in these areas
Decide which ones we want to support/consider
Flesh the scenarios out

(I'm not sure of the order of the last two.)

Some of this should probably be done on the mailing list, rather than in
the meeting.

Martin