[Oslc-Automation] OSLC Automation spec updates

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 14 07:19:03 EDT 2012

This is a "how to read this eye chart" issue.  Might be that the heading
needs work (better), or that the table text needs tweaking for clarity
(ok), I have not looked in context since no URL was provided and I can't
dig where I am right now ;-)
I think the _intended reading_ would be:
"The [origin = OSLC Core] spec says 'If you support partial resource
representations, then [meaning =...MUST...]'.  The OSLC spec says that
providers SHOULD support partial representations."
So the MUST only becomes active if you satisfy the SHOULD.  If you fail to
satisfy the SHOULD, Automation still likes you and the rest is irrelevant
for you.

It's structurally like saying (although the Automation construction is
readable other ways IMO): IF you're flying a plane, you MUST have a
pilot's license.
Which says nothing about the vast majority of us who never fly (pilot) a
plane.