[Oslc-Automation] Regarding oslc_auto:verdict in OSLC automation spec

Charles Rankin rankinc at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 13 11:49:52 EDT 2012

oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net wrote on 09/13/2012 09:34:09 AM:

> From: Xin Peng Liu <xinpengl at cn.ibm.com>
>
> I looked through the latest spec, and found for the several values of
> oslc_auto:verdict, seems not all of them are of the same part of
> speech, but for oslc_auto:state, the values are consistent to be
> adjective. I assume values of oslc_auto:verdict should all be adjective
> or noun (better adjective).

That sounds like a reasonable request

> If all adjective, then we get:
> http://open-services.net/ns/auto#unavailable
> http://open-services.net/ns/auto#passed
> http://open-services.net/ns/auto#warning
> http://open-services.net/ns/auto#failed
> http://open-services.net/ns/auto#erroneous

I like this version better.  I definitely like changing pass->passed and
fail->failed.  I'm not keen on "erroneous".  I think that "error", while
not an adjective, actually reads well and feels better.  If you plug them
all into the sentence "The automation is in a/an <state> state", they all
read fine.

Charles Rankin