[Oslc-Automation] printing the automation spec works... not so well really

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 5 12:58:45 EDT 2012

Someone internal poked me with this:

Following the high level picture on automation plan, request and result,
text on the right side is truncated. I need to scale the print output down
to 60% to get it right. From 27 pages down to 17. Need to see whether I
can still read it.
the printout is small but I can read it without glasses - but that's
really at the edge
this was printing in landscape mode, so less is cut off

>From experience, I know I've hit similar problems in the past because
either images are too large (wide) or the resource definition tables have
long URLs in their text.
While it *could* be a consequence of the rehosting, due to the above I'm
skeptical of that explanation.  I think we do need people to be able to
print (and read) our specs, even if the norm is view them on-line.  One
quick fix might be to insert spaces after namespace prefixes.  Right now,
in Automation, all the "parameter"-related abbreviated URIs are killing us
on column width.  I'm assuming that light grey righthand rule is a
reasonable indicator of print width when I make the "how to fix"
suggestions (like that, if it's even close to accurate).