[Oslc-Automation] Consider pub/sub for asynchronized automation request

Charles Rankin rankinc at us.ibm.com
Thu May 31 10:32:31 EDT 2012

The general idea of events/notifications was discussed very early on in
the workgroup.  You can see it was listed in some early scenarios here (
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/AutomationScenarios). We decided to
place this out of scope for the first version of the specification.  Note,
in some initial discussions there was general agreement that such an event
mechanism would be useful outside of Automation.  To that end, this might
want to be its own workgroup (with a separate specification), possibly
with the Automation workgroup providing some initial investigation and
collateral.

Charles Rankin
Rational CTO Team -- Mobile Development Strategy
101/4L-002 T/L 966-2386