[Oslc-Automation] Request for review of OSLC Automation specification

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Tue May 29 08:46:52 EDT 2012

rdf:type is 0:*
Use as many as you need.
Or, if you prefer to back into it, riddle me this: what semantic would
your new proposed auto:automationType predicate convey that rdf:type is
incapable of conveying?

From:   Pramod K Chandoria <pchandor at in.ibm.com>
To:     John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
Cc:     oslc-automation at open-services.net,
oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net
Date:   05/29/2012 08:23 AM
Subject:        Re: [Oslc-Automation] Request for review of     OSLC
Automation      specification

That is a type of the resource probably the itemType of the resource in
the repository.

I am talking at next level of automation type where we can distinguish
between various type of automations provided by the provider
The first level of type is very high level, theme of the automation  i.e.
test, build, deployment, etc...
Similarly service provider also have different type of automation plans
within a theme.
e.g. RQM can provide different type of automations
rft, robot, command line,rpt, qtp, deviceanywhere etc...
However all automation plan maps to same rdf:type

How client query automation of it's interest, say build automation? How a
service provider declares what automation type service is provides in the
catalog. Service provider might offer automation of just one type or may
be more then one type.

-|- Pramod K Chandoria

Advisory Software Engineer

IBM Rational, India Software Lab

Bangalore, India | +91-80-417-77045 | +91 99805 68253
What's new in 4.0 RC0 | Ask Question in forum | Online Help | Download RQM
4.0 RC0