[Oslc-Automation] Important Automation Spec updates requiring review by Thursday - Part 1 in/out parameter definitions

Michael F Fiedler fiedler at us.ibm.com
Tue May 8 09:54:53 EDT 2012

As we continue our effort to move the Automation specification towards
convergence, there are two important new areas of updates to review based
on last week's discussion.   These are a) updates discussed in the meeting
to attempt to finalize the "in" and "out" parameter names and descriptions
and  b)  the inclusion of wording and a new attribute to support the
synchronous automation scenario.

Splitting this e-mail into two parts to allow for better on-topic comments.

Summary and sections to review for the in/out parameter changes changes:

Reverted the in/out parameter names to parameterDefinition (Automation
Plan), inputParameter (Automation Request and Result) and outputParameter
(Automation Result) with significant improvements to the roles descriptions
of those resources w.r.t. their use in each artifact type.   See the
relevant parameter definitions in:

   - Automation Plan:
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/AutoSpecificationV2#Resource_AutomationPlan
   - Automation Request: