[Oslc-Automation] Potential new requirement

Michael F Fiedler fiedler at us.ibm.com
Tue May 8 07:39:10 EDT 2012

The potential issue with a an approach base on query is the ability to
easily identify the real "most recent" result.  OSLC query has
oslc.orderBy, but that is only useful today in the context of page
ordering.   Core 3.0 is discussing other potential approaches towards true
query result ordering.

But I do agree with Charles's concern on a penalty on the GET of a test
plan - how much work will different service provider implementations have
to do to resolve that most recent result?   As mentioned elsewhere in the
discussion, making the relationship zero-or-one allows for opt-in.

Tee-ing this one up for this week's meeting.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Fiedler
IBM Rational Software
fiedler at us.ibm.com
919-254-4170

oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net wrote on 05/07/2012 10:47:02 PM:

> Charles Rankin/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
> Sent by: oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net
>
> 05/07/2012 10:47 PM

> oslc-automation at open-services.net,
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> Re: [Oslc-Automation] Potential new requirement
>
> oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net wrote on 05/07/2012 04:00:46
PM: