[Oslc-Automation] Automation Request and Automation Result relationship

Pramod K Chandoria pchandor at in.ibm.com
Fri Jun 29 11:23:28 EDT 2012

Hi All,
I am thinking that most often the lifecyle of Automation Request is
limited and once automation is complete, can be purged from the system any
time.
Whereas the lifecycle of AutomationResult is often longer (if not
forever).
Currently the proposed relationship between AutomationRequest and
AutomationResult is from AutomationResult to AutomationRequest.

This relationship will become dangling reference very soon once request is
deleted. I am thinking rather have reference from Automation Request to
Automation Result.
As long request is in the system, we can track result from it. Result
anyhow have reference to the AutomationPlan and we can always track what
was executed to generate it.

Any thoughts?

-|- Pramod Chandoria
Advisory Software Engineer