[Oslc-Automation] Oslc-Automation Digest, Vol 17, Issue 21

Charles Rankin rankinc at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 26 13:06:45 EDT 2012

oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net wrote on 07/25/2012 04:05:33 PM:

> From: David N Brauneis/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
>
> I would imagine that the majority of AutomationProviders will
> support inputParameters (I know that Rational Team Concert - JBE,
> Rational Build Forge, etc. support them) though the actual values
> for each parameter might be optional or already have a default.

I agree with respect to the input to an AutomationPlan (where they are now
defined as oslc_auto:parameterDefinition -- I missed this change from
oslc_auto:inputParameter somewhere along the way) which is actually stored
as oslc_auto:inputParameter within the AutomationRequest, and then copied
into the AutomationResult.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I believe that Pramod was
trying to talk about the use of inputParameter and outputParameter within
the AutomationResult.  In that context, he didn't see a significant need
for inputParameter within AutomationResult.  He just needed to be able to
see all available/visible parameters in one set, as I suggested for an
updated wording for outputParameter.

Charles Rankin