[Oslc-Automation] Oslc-Automation Digest, Vol 17, Issue 21

Daniel Berg danberg at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 26 14:21:52 EDT 2012

We all agree that it is important to know from the result what inputs were
supplied and having a list of all parameters that were changed or supplied
as input is needed.

For Automation Plan it is necessary that a consumer can determine which
parameters must be set for execution. I guess it is possible that the
parameters that will be set during execution can be defined as a parameter
definition that is not required and if the user sets a value during input
it is valid for the process to ignore it. I believe this is sufficient for
the first release of the spec.

Note, we have in the past used Build Forge projects and parsed them to
determine the input parameters (defined by variables on the project) and we
determined the output files by introspecting the step actions to see where
variables were set (i.e., an output). So it is possible but not directly
supported as you point out.  :)

Regards,
Daniel Berg
STSM, Master Inventor