[Oslc-Automation] Parameters: need for input and output parameters?

David N Brauneis brauneis at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 6 10:08:26 EST 2012

Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to write this information up to the give the
group a starting point for the discussion going forward... I'm mostly in
agreement with everything that you have written down so far with the
exception of the outputParameters. I'm having a little trouble getting my
head around the need for an outputParameter and how that is really
different than a ResultContribution. Perhaps I am just being a little
dense but I was thinking that the parameters (name-value pairs) would be
input with the request and would be read-only in the result but that
anything created during processing (like an MD5 checksum) would be a
ResultContribution. Am I thinking about this completely differently than
everyone else?

Regards,
David
David Brauneis
STSM, Rational Software Delivery Automation Chief Architect
email: brauneis at us.ibm.com | phone: 720-395-5659 | mobile: 919-656-0874