[Oslc-Automation] use of oslc_auto:verdict and consistency

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 14 15:14:49 EST 2012

I happened to be reviewing draft publications for one of the Automation
implementations, and discovered an "interesting" use of verdict.  In the
context of an automation request being used to batch together what would
otherwise be multiple individual requests, the implementation exposes a
verdict=failed if at least one encapsulated request fails, and
(additively!) a verdict=passed if at least one succeeds.
While this surprised me, I see nothing in existing spec or guidance
suggesting it's a bad idea.  Looking for WG feedback on whether there are
any strong feelings about crafting guidance in either direction vs
remaining silent.  I can make sense of it either way now despite my own
initial allergic reaction to the apparent inconsistency.