[Oslc-Automation] synchronous requests/results

Joe Ross joeross at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 29 17:42:48 EDT 2012

The spec mentions synchronous operations but doesn't really describe how
they work. For synchronous operations, our implementation includes an
AutomationResult in the response to the POST of a synchronous
AutomationRequest. We don't have anything in the location header, since for
this case, no resources exists in the provider after the operation
completes. Is there any problem with that behavior?

Joe Ross/Austin/IBM, joeross at us.ibm.com
Tivoli Autonomic Computing & Component Technologies
512-286-8311, T/L 363-8311