[Oslc-Automation] outputParameter vs. hasContribution in response

Michael F Fiedler fiedler at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 24 07:54:51 EDT 2012

hasContribution is intended for "real" output of the automation.   Examples
might be build binaries, log files or test execution results.
outputParameter is intended to capture the parameters or environment
variables which were used to produce an Automation Result.   There was a
somewhat late change in direction in which the workgroup decided  the scope
of outputParameter is:  all inputParameters (whether modified or
unmodified) plus any parameters added/created during the execution.

So,  a hasContribution is a product of the automation execution and an
outputParameter is meta-data related to the execution of the automation.

Let us know if that does not clarify things.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Fiedler
IBM Rational Software