[Oslc-Automation] outputParameter vs. hasContribution in response

Joe Ross joeross at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 23 19:15:39 EDT 2012

We implemented an early draft of the spec that did not have
outputParameter, so we used hasContribution to store our output parameter
values. Looking at the latest draft, it looks like we should probably
change this to use outputParameter.  It's not really clear to me why
hasContribution is still there, and what it should be used for, but I'm
used to the concept of input/output parameters, and that seems the most
natural place to put the result information. Is that the intent?

Joe Ross/Austin/IBM, joeross at us.ibm.com
Tivoli Autonomic Computing & Component Technologies
512-286-8311, T/L 363-8311