[Oslc-Automation] Thoughts on parameters - AutomationResult, oslc_auto:additionalParameter to oslc_auto:parameter.

Michael F Fiedler fiedler at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 20 09:07:39 EDT 2012

The current names came about as I was creating the RDFS vocabulary.
Having oslc_auto:parameter used differently for different resources is
problematic.   I was trying to align the Request and Result names since the
usage is (almost) the same - the "input" parameters.   In the Request they
are provided on POST.  In the Result they are can be read on GET.  My
preference is for 3 or 4 distinct names with accurate descriptions on
usage.

Proposal:

AutomationPlan:   parameterDefinition

AutomationRequest:  parameterInstance (or inputParameterInstance)

AutomationPlan:  requestParameter (or inputParameterInstance),
additionalParameter

> John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
> Sent by: oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net
>
> 04/20/2012 08:28 AM

> oslc-automation at open-services.net,
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> Re: [Oslc-Automation] Thoughts on parameters - AutomationResult,
> oslc_auto:additionalParameter to oslc_auto:parameter.
>
> > 3) In the definition of AutomationResult, I suggest we changle
> > oslc_auto:additionalParameter to oslc_auto:parameter.  One
> > assumption I'm making is that these will be the complete list of all
> > parameters (and values) being used at the time the GET was
> > processed.  If that assumption is valid, then I think we should also
> > add some additional wording to the description to indicate so.  If
> > it isn't valid, then are there any assumptions a user can make with
> > respect to these parameters/values?

Your assumptions is valid and I agree with the need for the additional
wording/description.