[Oslc-Automation] Thoughts on parameters - new question on chained scenarios

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 20 08:24:15 EDT 2012

Charles' Q3 triggered yet another question: some scenarios we've discussed
deal include chaining.  Do those scenarios include any requirement for the
ability to introspect Plan A and find out what *output* parameters A will
bind during execution, so that a later step in the chain could use A's
output-only parameter as in input?

I'm not seeing how this would work with the current resource definitions.
It could work if Plan A included its output parameters in its
oslc_auto:parameterDefinition triples, but if I was authoring Plan A or a
client I'm not seeing anything that points me to that method as the
intended solution.  Even if that was addressed via an example rather than
in-spec text, it would provide more guidance on how to meet this kind of
scenario than I see now.