[Oslc-Automation] Thoughts on parameters - AutomationRequest, oslc_auto:initialParameter to oslc_auto:parameter.

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 20 08:09:21 EDT 2012

At a high level, reasonable enough. Splitting replies to attempt to get to
1 topic/thread.

> 1) In the definition of AutomationRequest, I suggest we change
> oslc_auto:initialParameter to oslc_auto:parameter.
> ... these are the parameters the
> user specified when the request was created, as opposed to an
> exhaustive list of parameters that the system may be using (such as
> non-specified parameters with default values).  I suppose that last
> statement is actually making an assumption that is worth getting
consensus on.

I would recommend the description say that all parameters explicitly
specified on the Create request and also in the Plan's parameter
definitions SHOULD (I could go with MUST too) be included, and any others
MAY be included.

...the final clause covers both the case where a user specifies parameters
unknown wrt the Plan's Param Defs, as well as any other parameters
(configured, environmental, whatever the source)

...and fine if the wg decide to strengthen MAY.  Point is, address each
class of parameters we know about specifically (including "other") and be
clear about our expectations for each.