[Oslc-Automation] HTTP method support

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 3 17:11:26 EDT 2012

I see we (me, probably) left DELETE out of the table; given that we
require POST for automation requests, and allow it for others, seems like
we might have requirements on DELETE.
More generally, have to think we should be saying something about which
actors are responsible for managing the lifecycle of each resource, even
if that is to explicitly say it is unconstrained/implementation dependent.
I like to start devs off with "if you created it, you're responsible for
managing its deletion; either delete it yourself, or delegate to some
other party, but it's YOUR job to make sure it happens" mentality, lest we
end up with lots of chaff clogging the servers.  Not that having allergies
influences this view at all ;-)