[Oslc-Automation] Automation Execution scenario

Charles Rankin rankinc at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 24 17:59:05 EDT 2011

oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net wrote on 10/24/2011 02:24:57 AM:

> Vaibhav Srivastava <vaibhav.srivastava at in.ibm.com>
>
> I think the job-artifact linkage could happen while the job is
> running or at the end of the job too. If this applies across we
> might want to keep that option open while formulating this scenario.

I agree with you Vaibhav.  My assumption is that most of the updates would
happen while the job is still running.  In fact, while I find utility in
being able to update the job after it is in a "final" state (i.e., after
it has completed execution), I don't believe that all (most?) tools
support that capability.  We'll probably have to call that out in the spec
as a SHOULD or MAY.

Charles Rankin
Rational CTO Team -- Mobile Development Strategy
101/4L-002 T/L 966-2386