[Oslc-Automation] Scenario for automation server/automation tool (worker, agent, etc) interaction

David N Brauneis brauneis at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 12 16:53:44 EDT 2011

One thing I believe this scenario does not take into account is when the
automation tool is a server/client implementation, it is assuming that the
automation server does not do any of the work and relies on standalone
automation tools to perform work.

I'm not sure this should be a part of the core scenarios for the first
version of the specification - this was discussed and debated in the past
but it was decided that the OSLC specification should not force a pattern
here either push or pull or define how the agent/agentless
systems/endpoints communicate with the server.

Regards,
David
David Brauneis
STSM, Rational Software Delivery Automation Chief Architect (RAF)
email: brauneis at us.ibm.com | phone: 720-395-5659 | mobile: 919-656-0874