[Oslc-Automation] Reminder: OSLC Automation workgroup meeting tomorrow at 1PM Eastern US + homework assignment

Pramod K Chandoria pchandor at in.ibm.com
Thu Dec 8 14:52:32 EST 2011

Thanks All for the DevOps scenario discussion.

Out of DevOps scenario discussion, One thing I observed, There needs to be
a mechanism to pass on context from one automation to next in chain.
Bad example but lets assume Build Automation might define a variable say
BuildId=AutomationBuild_20111209_0106 and that could be consumed say by
test Automation to also set build context  when run test execution.
I am not advocating to spec out possible variable names, but in general an
standard way to hand over environment variable from one automation
execution to another.

I understand providers can support own custom shape for configuration
data, but environment variable is something very standard across all
domains and would be useful if scoped under Automation spec. That way
client can easily connect execution of two automation (workflow) in
sequence for any type of automation domain or specific implementation.

-|- Pramod K Chandoria

Advisory Software Engineer

IBM Rational, India Software Lab

Bangalore, India | +91-80-417-77045 | +91 99805 68253
What's new | Ask Question in forum | Online Help | Download RQM 3.0.1