[oslc-ArchMgmt] OSLC AM Minutes 23-June-2011

James Conallen jconallen at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 23 11:41:25 EDT 2011

I've updated the minutes of today's call on the wiki.

Here is a copy:

   Jim C. opened up the meeting with the desire to start the last steps of
   finalization. Steve, a veteran of delivering OSLC specs, clarified the
   process. Jim and Steve will offline create the proper vocabulary
   document for OSLC AM resource definitions (in our case just AM Resource
   and Link Type Resource). After that an additional review by the core
   team might be in order, and with finished covenants we essentially just
   declare final.

   Jim, in what many might have thought a rather windy explanation, raised
   a new open issue regarding the use of the property types in the link
   type resource. Jim explained, the use of the link type resource, and
   compared it to the primary approach for obtaining human readable
   information about link type predicated (just GETting them in rdf form).
   Since purl.org and w3c.org provide machine readable resolutions on the
   URIs they define, we should be consistent with how they do it. So
   instead of using dcterms:title and description we use rdfs:label and
   rdfs:comment as they do.

   Given this change is late in the game, it will not significantly affect
   the only know implementers (Design Manager, System Architect, and Rio).

   Everyone on the call was ok with this change.

   The next topic was a review of the summary of provider and client
   requirements. The only interesting discussion came in the section of
   authentication requirements. John raised the viewpoint of a third party
   client. It would be eaiser for them to know that at least one form of
   authentation would be available in all providers, citing OAuth as the
   most common one so far. Steve also pointed out that the CM specification
   has OAuth support as a SHOULD requirement, unlike the current MAY in the
   AM specification.

   We agreed to share this suggestion to the larger team via the list
   server, to get more comments. But the consensus from this group was to
   elevate provide OAuth authentication to a SHOULD level.

Please reply to this list if you have ANY comments on the two major items
discussed today.

Thanks,

jim conallen
Rational Design Manager (DM) Lead Architect, OSLC AM Lead
jconallen at us.ibm.com
Rational Software, IBM Software Group