[oslc] OSLC Configuration Management workgroup

Nick Crossley ncrossley at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 19 18:27:14 EDT 2012

OSLC members,

As some of you know, we have recently deprecated the OSLC SCM draft
specification, and rechartered the workgroup as the OSLC Configuration
Management workgroup.  To quote from the new charter at
http://open-services.net/legal-agreements/configuration-management-wpa/,
the workgroup is expected to "Produce an RDF vocabulary and associated
semantics for configuration management of linked data, capable of
addressing the scenarios described below, covering resources in multiple
OSLC domains". In other words, the revised group is to tackle a broader
problem than just SCM, but is enjoined to keep the specification simple
and hence to reduce the cost of adoption.

If you would like to contribute to the new workgroup, please sign the
participation agreement at the above link, and also subscribe to the
mailing list at
http://open-services.net/mailman/listinfo/oslc-configuration_open-services.net
.

For existing members of the OSLC SCM workgroup and the revised
Configuration Management workgroup, please ensure you are subscribed to
this mailing list.  Up to now we have been sending announcements, meeting
notices, etc., to the OSLC SCM mailing list, but starting soon, all such
information will be sent using oslc-configuration at open-services.net
instead.

See
http://open-services.net/wiki/configuration-management/Configuration-Management-Meetings
for information on workgroup meetings, and note that the next meeting is
on Tuesday October 30th at 6am US/Pacific time.

Nick Crossley,
WG Lead, OSLC SCM and OSLC Configuration Management.