[oslc] [Oslc-Automation] OSLC Automation specification preparing to enter finalization phase

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 16 08:00:49 EDT 2012

> However We need a bridge to bring those values forward from
AutomationRequest  to the end AutomationResult.
> Right now there is a gap to hold values within AutomationRequest until
AutomatiuonRequest [JA: assume you meant AResult here]  is created.
If your goal is to convince the WG that one or more spec changes are
needed, you're going to need to move beyond making simple assertions.
People [in technical communities] are swayed by evidence, not naked
assertions.  "We can't do that", in the absence of a convincing "why", is
hard to distinguish from "we don't Want to do That" or similar variations.
What are the *technical obstacles* in the RQM implementation that prevent
using each of the alternatives already put forth that are within the spec
as it exists?
Or have I misunderstood by assuming your point to be a technical problem,
versus something else?