[oslc] [Oslc-Automation] OSLC Automation specification preparing to enter finalization phase

Michael F Fiedler fiedler at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 15 08:47:40 EDT 2012

I will add this as a topic for this week's meeting, but it is correct that
this was by design.   We considered outputParameters on the Request, but
the final decision was to put it on the Result.   The concept the workgroup
and spec are trying to capture is that the outputParameter on the
Automation Result captures all parameters (supplied by the user or supplied
by the provider or its agents) used to produce the result.   The meaning of
outputParameter, as defined today, is tied to the result.

Is this an issue for your implementation?   There is nothing to prevent a
given provider from adding oslc_auto:outputParameter to the Automation
Request if it makes sense for its scenarios.   You just can't expect a
given generic Automation consumer to look for it there.   But consumers who
understand your implementation could make use of it.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Fiedler
IBM Rational Software