[oslc] W3C Community Group Infrastructure Trial update

Kartik Kanakasabesan kartik at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 14 12:31:18 EDT 2012

Hello OSLC Community Members,
As part of the preparations to support the W3C Community Group trial, we
analyzed all aspects of the infrastructure.  This meant reviewing their
hardware/software setup, reviewing the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
documents, and making a detailed assessment of the overall migration
effort. During our review of the IPR policies, We discovered that we would
have to add more agreements (onto OSLC's and W3C's current ones) that
would have negatively impacted the ability to join OSLC and participate in
specification development.  We strive to keep barrier to entry low at OSLC
following on our principles of minimal process and specification. We will
keep the specification development efforts on open-services.net for now.
We are still exploring options for future collaboration with the W3C
Community Group Team
Regards,
Kartik