[oslc] What's up with the Communications Work Group

Sean Kennedy seanpk at ca.ibm.com
Fri Oct 14 10:13:54 EDT 2011

Hi all,

We've had some feedback on the previous links, but more is better ... since
the manifesto is short, I'm going to drop it inline here:
   We are uncovering better ways of integrating software and making it
   easier for others to do the same.
   Through this work we have come to value:

   Open and generally available data instead of proprietary point-to-point
   integrations
   Scenario-driven specifications instead of exhaustive standards
   Public discussion and debate instead of backroom dealing
   Responding to the needs of the community instead of following the agenda
   of a single member

The name of the thing is also up for discussion. Proposals include:
   Manifesto for Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration
   Manifesto for Open Software Integration
   Manifesto for Open Application Integration
   Manifesto for Open Tools Integration
   Manifesto for Open Integrations

Looking forward to your feedback.

Sean Kennedy

       Phone: 905-413-4385 (Internal:
       313-4385)
       Email: seanpk at ca.ibm.com
       LinkedIn: seanpk

There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. -- Victor
Hugo