[oslc] [oslc-core] Adding vocabulary terms to OSLC RM namespace

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 3 10:25:26 EDT 2011

Hi Ian,

Just to follow up on this thread.  This was discussed at the Core WG
meeting on September 21st [1] regarding this request.

First, this guidance should not be seen as setting any precedence.  Until
Core WG and Community have defined better process on how to handle this it
is recommended in future cases to do as Ian has done and ask the Core WG
for guidance.

The Core WG recommends this core of action:
1. Propose the changes and put out for review (within RM WG and others as
appropriate).  Similar to a convergence/finalization review cycles to
ensure enough review and consideration to changes have been made.
2. Notify Core WG when these changes are ready for review and feedback
3. Propose how changes will be documented: errata, spec update, etc and
get feedback on this.
4. Once appropriate review and issues resolved, put out call for
finalizing

Key factors that any WG needs to consider when issuing updates to a spec:
1. changes don't break implementations
2. changes provide clarity
3. changes don't expand the scope of the spec

There has already been a next iteration on this work [2]

[1] - http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreMeeting20110921
[2] -
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-rm_open-services.net/2011-September/000102.html

<community at open-services.net>,