[oslc] Seeking feedback on draft SDK proposal

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:06:51 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Arthur Ryman <ryman at ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> I took a quick look. One item popped out at me.
>
> Why are you suggesting we use JAX-B to parse RDF/XML?

I'm trying to be fair to those who have suggested using JAX-B. There
has been some internal work at IBM around using JAX-B to parse
RDF/XML, and some external projects as well. There's not much to be
found on the web about it though, possibly because it is a failed
approach.

   http://semanticweb.com/binding-java-objects-to-rdf_b10682

> I think that is very problematic. Wouldn't it be simpler to use a toolkit like Jena?

I agree and here is my post on the disadvantages of JAX-B for RDF:

   http://tinyurl.com/433fys8

Thanks,
Dave