[oslc] OSLC Core workgroup upcoming topics

Martin Nally nally at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 4 17:07:35 EST 2011

Is there any reason we wouldn't simply deprecate comments and discussions?
I was surprised to see it in the spec (I had missed that part for a long
time) and I don't see that it's core to the scenarios for integrating
lifecycle tools.

Best regards, Martin

Martin Nally, IBM Fellow
CTO and VP, IBM Rational
tel: +1 (714)472-2690

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Dave <snoopdave at gmail.com>                                                                                                                        |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |oslc-core <oslc-core at open-services.net>                                                                                                           |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |community at open-services.net                                                                                                                       |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |01/04/2011 03:53 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[oslc] OSLC Core workgroup upcoming topics                                                                                                        |
|------------>
| Sent by:   |
|------------>
  |community-bounces at open-services.net                                                                                                               |

We've got a series of topics on the upcoming OSLC Core workgroup
agenda that should be of interest across all OSLC workgroups. So,
please make your workgroups aware and encourage members to attend and
participate. Below is the list of topics and dates.

Note one change: the Test Suite discussion is now Jan 12 and Comments
are Jan 19.

Jan 5 - Baselining, Nick Crossley
Baselining is an important topic in the PLM and other work-groups.
There are different use cases and terminologies. Nick will explain the
current situation and lead a discussion on how baselining should fit
into the OSLC specs

Jan 19 - Test Suite, Steve Speicher
Test Suite code should be contributed by this time and Steve will
explain what is there, how it works and lead a discussion of next
steps for improving test coverage and consumability.

Jan 12 - Comments / Discussions, Steve Speicher, John Vasta
The OSLC Core spec includes Comments and Discussion resources but they
have not been widely adopted. Steve and John will cover the state of
union in regard to comments/discussions and lead a discussion of
options for moving forward.

Jan 26 - Reference Implementation, Dave Johnson (and Jim Conallen?)
OSLC RI code should be contributed by this time and Dave will explain
what is there, how it works and lead a discussion of next steps for
improving the RI implementation and consumability.

Feb 2 - Attachments (Dave Johnson)
We use a number of patterns for storing non OSLC defined resources
(e.g. JAR files, images, video and Word processing files) and then
annotating them with properties. Dave will explain the patterns in use
and propose an outline for guidance on the topic.

Thanks,
Dave