[oslc] OSLC website now has a forum! (Among other additions)

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed Dec 14 17:22:35 EST 2011

Hi.

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:36:27 -0500, Lee J Reamsnyder <leereamsnyder at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I rolled out a lot of additions to the OSLC site last night.
>
> First, I've set up a discussion forum (http://open-services.net/forums/).
> This should make it easier to get public discussions going. I'm looking
> forward to seeing what people post. You can sign up here:
> http://open-services.net/forums/member/register/ (Yes, unfortunately it's
> another login for the site.)

I'm quite dubious about the use of fora for such communities... is there
some common expectation for OSLC participants to subscribe and
participate to these, in addition to mailing lists ?

I'm more inclined personaly to push mode communication channels (like
mail) rather than pull-mode ones (like fora)... but that's just my own
taste.

Of course, fora can be good tools, as you don't need to add another
"spam source" (a new mailing list) to your subscriptions, just to be
able to post a question... but I'm afraid users may then be expecting
some response, even though it's yet not clear if much OSLC people will
be there to respond.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--