[oslc] (no subject)

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Mon Aug 8 07:53:04 EDT 2011

Hi.

(Pay attention to putting a proper subject in mails you're sending...
and welcome ;)

Le mercredi 27 juillet 2011 à 13:34 -0400, Lee J Reamsnyder a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> If I haven't said "hello" yet, I'm Lee. I'm the current "web guy" for the
> open-services site.
>
> I'm looking at putting some sort of bug or enhancement tracker in place for
> the site. That way we'd have an open place where people could look and see
> what I'm up to or report any problems they run into.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations for decent systems we could put in place or
> sign up for? The priorities for me are:
> 1) Simple
> 2) Cheap
> 3) Web-based

OSLC-CM compatible ? ;-)

> Some of the usual open-source suspects are Bugzilla or Request Tracker.

Bugzilla can be offered an OSLC-CM compliant adapter (see oslc-tools
project / OSLC tutorial, etc.)

Otherwise, RT is better suited for helpdesk / support than bugzilla
IMHO, but YMMV.

> Another option might be to put some of the site source on GitHub and use
> their built-in issue tracker (more details here:
> https://github.com/blog/831-issues-2-0-the-next-generation).

Not sure this would be better, unless there are tighter links between
OSLC and github (corp), IMHO. Or if they started being OSLC compliant,
of course ;)

> Any thoughts or other suggestions I could go look at?

Just my 2 cents,

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>