[oslc] OSLC in other languages ?

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Thu Sep 9 12:56:28 EDT 2010

Le jeudi 09 septembre 2010 à 12:08 -0400, Scott Bosworth a écrit :
> I'm no TWiki expert, but it appears that our TWiki installation offers
> some capabilities for internationalization [1]. I started playing with
> some of the configuration settings a bit - you'll notice that you now
> see a drop-down on the top right of an OSLC wiki page that let's you
> choose to see a localized version of the TWiki tool itself (titles,
> navigation, buttons, etc). I did not go so far as to start playing
> with page content localization settings. We should probably think
> about what we want we want to enable before I cause any damage :-).
> And maybe we should solicit some TWiki expertise?
>

> [1] http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/TWiki/InstallationWithI18N

Hmmm... I think UI internationalization of TWiki is not the key here...
it's probably more translation of some content, with proper flags to
help people notice there's content in their preferred language (and
content-negociation for that, maybe). It may actually be more critical
on the "CMS" part of open-services.net (the one that's not in TWiki).

Maybe the translations could be contributed and somehow validated inside
the wiki, before being published in the CMS.

In the meantime, here's my "what is OSLC" translation (Qu'est-ce que
OSLC) :
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/weblog/2010/09/09/quest-ce-que-oslc-open-services-for-lifecycle-collaboration/

(Commentaires bienvenus)

Best regards,