[oslc] Possible OSLC priorities and themes for 2011

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Tue Oct 5 03:49:01 EDT 2010

Hi.

Le lundi 04 octobre 2010 à 18:13 -0400, Dave a écrit :

> 1) Adoption of specs: these are things that help folks adopt OSLC,
> both users and consumers. This includes tutorials, documentation,
> clients, test suites and reference implementations.

Reference implementations would be great, if freely usable (FLOSS
licens ?)

Test suites and example code, in many languages, and under FLOSS
licences is definitely something that I see would be very important in
ensuring people can learn from code.

> 2) Guidance

OSLC specs can be frightening (dunno how printed versions would look
like, but certainly becoming a nice little book now) : it looks as if
many things need to be learned and implemented up-front, whereas, to be
OSLC-Core compliant, just a few things are really "MUST" specs, IMHO.
That's particularly the case when people imagine that they have to learn
REST and AJAX, XML/RDF and JSON all at once for instance (and when they
don't have experience with either of these for example if coming from a
traditional LAMP background).

Some kind of "tutorial" clearly helping learn OSLC specs, starting with
mandatory aspects and going along "decreasing" priorities of various
specs requirements would be very much appreciated, I think.

At least, that's what we have received as a common feedback during the
recently help Paris OSLC meetup next to OWF 2010 [0]

Hope this helps.

[0] http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/weblog/2010/10/04/quick-report-from-oslc-meetup-in-paris-last-week/

--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>