[oslc] Consuming OSLC resources from multiple providers--how to do cross-provider links?

Andrew J Berner ajberner at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 1 12:15:19 EST 2010

Steve Speicher wrote:

>Are there particular issues that you see with consuming multiple
>providers?  Most specs are built with the assumption that a consumer would

>use at least one provider but not limited to one.

No particular issues...for queries, I assume then that the consumer can
just "loop through registered providers" and send the same query, or does
the main query url have to be discovered from the provider service
document?  Either way, sending it to "many" providers (typically, probably
not ALL that many) is just looping through the same code as sending it to
one...then combining the results at the client side.   It has to be queried
and combined somewhere, so that seems as efficient as any fancier
"cross-provider" query would be.

Andy Berner
Lead Architect, ISV Technical Enablement and Strategy
IBM Rational Business Development
972 561-6599
ajberner at us.ibm.com

Ready for IBM Rational software partner program -
http://www.ibm.com/isv/rational/readyfor.html