[OSLC] Reporting Domain

Benjamin Williams bwilliams at uk.ibm.com
Tue Sep 1 12:53:30 EDT 2009

Hi Arthur

Its a terminology issue for sure.

Many might associate links with traceability relationships, as opposed to
logically nested data (what I believe is really being referred to here)

e.g.

When we want to retrieve all of the requirements within a DOORS module,
that is logically nested data.
Linked data might be test cases associated with each requirement.

In the first case, we would expect to be able to retrieve all the required
data for those requirements in a single call.
In the second case we would expect to need 2 calls to retrieve all of the
requirements and all of the test cases.

/Ben

Benjamin Williams
Senior Product Manager - Rational Publishing Engine

Email: bwilliams at uk.ibm.com
Tel: +44 20 8818 4360
Cell: +44 7710 637 067
IBM Extension: 364360