[Community] Minutes for OSLC Software Estimation Telecon, 2009-06-19

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Fri Jun 19 13:37:59 EDT 2009

Attendees

Arthur, Scott, Steve, Andy, Lee, Larry

Minutes
1. Estimation and Measurement Services Version 1.0 (EMS 1.0) 1.0 Schedule
- Arthur (10 min.)

We agreed on the following timeline:
Finalize use cases 3Q2009
Finalize specification based on experience with product alphas or
reference implementatipons 4Q2009
Product implementation available 1Q2010, with the usual disclaimer that
all product plans are subject to change
2. Review working draft of EMS 1.0 Part 0: Primer [2] - Arthur (35 min.)

We reviewed the primer up to the start of the section on Investment Risk.
Arthur will incorporate the following feedback:
the scenario is too simplified - at least include duration as an
assumption
describe the estimation tool more abstractly as providing a function that
maps assumptions to estimates
include commentary on where the information would be enhanced in a
realistic situation, e.g. with complexity or productivity assumptions
add sequence diagrams, e.g. using [4]

3. Re-estimation use case [3] - Andy (15 min.)
Andy led the discussion of the catch up plan. Do we need to formally
include an optimistic plan that the dev team claims will enable them to
catch up? Andy and Lee to continue discussion via wiki, email.

[1] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/MetricsMeetings
[2] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/MetricsEMS10Primer
[3] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/MetricsReEstimateUseCase
[4] http://www.websequencediagrams.com/

Arthur Ryman, IBM DE
Chief Architect, Rational Project and Portfolio Management
Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Assistant: Nancy Barnes, 905-413-4182